The orcs must die! 3 coming to Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One and PC on July 23, PS5 later in 2021
Robot Entertainment will be released The orcs must die! 3 for Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam on July 23, followed by the PlayStation 5 later in 2021, the developer announced.
The orcs must die! 3 first launched for Stadia in July 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The orcs must die! 3 inaugurates a chaos of orc slaughter on a scale previously unimaginable. Alone or with a friend by your side, arm yourself with a massive arsenal of traps and weapons. Slice, burn, throw, and take down hordes of loathsome orcs in this long-awaited successor to the award-winning series.
New to the series, war scenarios pit players against the largest Orc armies ever assembled. Mountable War Machines give players the essential firepower to lift, stab, char, and dismantle vile intruders.
- More of everything – The orcs must die! 3 is everything fans loved about the first two games and more. More orcs, more traps, more weapons, more upgrades and even more beautiful. It went up to at least eleven.
- New story – Play through an all new story set over 20 years after Orcs Must Die! 2, where the war mage and witch rebuilt the order and trained new young apprentices.
- War scenarios – All new war scenarios hold the promise of massive scale first introduced in Orcs Must Die! Face overwhelming armies of orcs outdoors on the battlefields surrounding the castles. Eliminate waves of orcs of several hundred before they break through walls and crash into your rift.
- Machines of war – You are going to need new weapons of death and destruction to deal with these hordes. War machines are oversized traps. Drop your mega rocking trap and throw dozens of ragdolling orcs. Ride your mega barrel launcher and unleash the pyrotechnic glory.
- It never stops – Legions of orcs keep coming long after the story ends. Engrave your name in the Orc Slayer Hall of Fame with Weekly Challenges or see how long you can survive in Endless Mode.
- Take drastic measures – The orcs must die! 3 Comes with Drastic Steps campaign and content for free, including terrifying flying enemies, heroic warkeepers and of course more tools for orc destruction!
- Scramble To Survive – The new Scramble mode pits you against vile orcs who evolve with increasingly difficult and sinister turns in their thick sleeves. But with each level you survive, you collect your own modifiers to strike back!
Watch a new trailer below.
Update 06/14/21: Updated story to clarify the release of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the entire article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No comments behind the wheelincluding trolling, baiting or posting poop.
- Know when not to comment. If you don’t care about a topic, you don’t need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or defamatory content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No begging for port.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (non-nude only). For example:
Woe to Leomon.Indicate the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful to other commentators. You don’t have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a reviewer isn’t following this simple etiquette, don’t continue the conversation, just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to modify or remove any comments without notice. This comments policy is subject to change at any time.